Sunday, September 27, 2009

Thing#5-Flickr







I had heard of flickr, but never actually used it myself. I knew it was a photo sharing website. The amount of photos actually found on this website really surprised me! The two photos I borrowed are good examples of erosion. I think our students would get a lot more from various real photographs versus some random sketch of erosion or one simple photo found in a textbook. I also like that the sign gives an alternate definition to erosion. This is real life application in learning! Fun!

1 comment:

  1. I too was surprised by the sheer volume of photos available on flickr. I still find myself defaulting to basic clip art when searching for images though. Hopefully, I will retrain myself before long to use more flickr images. I like the idea of the photos you chose for erosion. Students respond so well to real life photos!

    ReplyDelete