Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thing #16-Wikis

Since I am a huge fan of language, I found the origin of the word very interesting! It's fascinating to learn that "wiki" originates from the Hawaiian language. Well, I have to start by saying that I feel so "left behind," I mean so many librarians have already started wikis, or are involved with a wiki. I am glad I have a better understanding, but I am a bit overwhelmed with the number of wikies out there. I can say that I found myself liking Joyce Valenza's wiki very well. I hope to join that wiki.

Will I use wikis as a librarian? Yes, I probably will. How? I plan to start using it with the upper grades. I hope to discuss a social studies concept on our wikis. I find that students tend to get really bored with social studies because it can be too abstract sometimes for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment