Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thing #18-Online Productivity Tools

I'm really impressed with the Openoffice project. It's exciting to think that a comparable office software suite similar to word exists. I listened to various online tutorials and found it to be very similar to microsoft word. One thing I like is that you don't have to open different windows for other applications. So, you can find the word processor, the spreadsheet and the presentation software all in the same place. I found the following utube tutorial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a3Ku4MCHHg




I also took a look at google Docs and it is now one of my favorite web 2.0 tools. My group and I have been collaborating via google Docs and it has made things easier for us to keep up with the same document without having various versions of the same document. Also, I like that we don't have to meet in person as much because we can also comment about the project as the presentation progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment